Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Alex's Christmas Tree

Although our family Christmas tree is looking rough this year, Alex got her very own pink tree for her bedroom. How cool is that? When I was five, I would have loved having my very own pink tree. Alex was incredibly excited to decorate the tree but I haven't had the time to buy any decorations. Alex took matters into her own hands and said, "Mommy, I have just the perfect thing." She ran to her playroom and came back with a princess crown. We both agreed that using her jewelry would be a fabulous idea (and a free idea - wink, wink). We immediately got to work. We used her feather boas as garland and decorated the tree with sunglasses, rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, etc. She had wanted to use the crown for the top of the tree, but of course that didn't fit. Mommy had the idea of adding a Barbie at the top for our crowning jewel. We even put her arms up in the "ta da" position. Hilarious. I have to say...it is awesome! Truthfully, I love it a million times more than if we would have gone to Hallmark and spent a fortune on ornaments. I love that it was an idea that just came together...and came together well. This was a special memory and moment for Mommy. I love having a five year old little girl. Sigh. Here are a few pics of her fabulous pink diva Christmas tree:

Alex was very delicate and deliberate with her decorations
As you can see we loaded this tree up with all sorts of goodies
The Island Princess Barbie tree topper
The pictures just don't do it justice. I wonder how we will decorate it next year? I love you Alex Darby!

No comments: