Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011! I can't believe another year has gone by. It's amazing how the speed of time can differ so much depending on your stage of life. As a child, you are excited to grow a year older, beg for graduation and think an hour feels like a month. As a young adult, you have more time than you realize and absolutely don't appreciate it. Okay, I am really referring to adults without children. As a parent, you can experience the loooongest days of your life and cherish every moment of it at the same time - even aching to hold on to the precious moments because you know time is moving way too fast. I am a hoarder of precious moments, if you will. We are in such a magical stage of our life. This year is going to be an awesome year, I can tell. Alex is turning six and finishing her first year of elementary school, we are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary and Carson will turn three in September. We have set the bar high and have some huge plans. We are hoping to sell our home (we are still in our first house) and I am praying and hoping to see some amazing things happen with our baby boy- hoping for answers and healing. I am believing great things will happen for my parents, too!

I am all over the place in this post, but I wanted to stop and appreciate this moment in time. In a society where divorce is common, faith is lacking and "family" is undervalued, I am so so incredibly thankful for my life. I am so thankful to be married to a husband that treasures time with me, believes in me and keeps me young at heart. I am so thankful that we have chosen "forever" as our married status :) I've never laughed more with anyone else.

I am so thankful for my two beautiful children - they give me so much purpose and passion. I have the best family in the world. I have an amazing "village" with two sets of grandparents that are involved in our children's lives. I am truly, truly blessed.

I look forward to another year in the Darby nuthouse. I know one thing is for sure...we NEVER have a dull moment around here and I wouldn't want it any other way!

May 2011 be full of fun, passion, accomplishments, joy and love to you and yours!

No comments: