Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who knew?

Who knew cooking could be so dangerous?

Last night after we got home from celebrating Alex's birthday, I opened up my new Mandoline set to try it out. I was excited to experiment with a few of my new cooking tools.
Long story short...I ended up with 5 or 6 stitches in my lower palm. Good times.
That was my first emergency stitch encounter. It was a bit tricky because the wounds (2 cuts) are over the lunate (bone). And of course it's on my right hand. They are about a 1/2 inch long and 1/4 inch deep.

Sigh. I was brave all by myself. Yes, I realize I sound like a baby.

Nanny....chef?? (echo, echo).

3 comments:

Sally said...

you are NOT a baby, that is a big deal. ahhhhhhh!!! love you Mel!

Jill Williams said...

Oh my goodness! Be careful, those things are no joke.

shannon houlihan said...

You are so brave!!!