Monday, August 31, 2009

Camp Carson

Carson had quite a weekend away. He's only been away one time and that was with DeDe & Pops in June. It's funny to see the difference between the first and second child. By one year of age, Alex had more sleepovers than I can count. Things are just different now I suppose.
That made this weekend even more special. He spent the night at four different homes in 5 evenings. Whew. A special thank you to those not pictured: Kati Casto & my mom and dad. It has been so much fun to watch my parents fall in love with our son. I think they are really enjoying having a grandson. He actually cried when I put him in the carseat to leave. I don't think he wanted to go home. Thank you guys so much for having our little man come and play. It made our situation so much more manageable. Love you guys!

First stop: The Worley family. Jaime and Trey are Carson's Godparents and they have been very involved in his life. Kaitlyn has been like a big sister to him. I really think they look like siblings in these pictures:
KK shows Carson how it's done
Such a patient and sweet "sis"
How cute are they?
My favorite of the batch
I hope there are many more of these sleepovers, Worley Fam! Now that he is weaned, we are ready for the next soiree (hint, hint).
--
Then, Carson headed to my Aunt Cindy & Uncle Stuart's house for some more fun. They had a blast. Carson & Stuart had some "man" time as they were redecorating the guest bedroom. Carson learned how to use a hammer and fix the dishwasher, apparently:
"I've got this all under control people."
Cutie enjoying lunch
Love those big brown eyes
CC & Carson playing with his favorite train
Stuart is total mush with our babies. Do not be fooled.
I wish the quality of the photo was better -- Carson being attacked by Piston aka "Pug"

Piston was Carson's main source of entertainment. It was love at first sight. It looks like the feelings were mutual.

2 comments:

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

i can't believe how old he looks now! it is like he grew up overnight!

Sally said...

awww, how fun!!! i wanna go to Camp Carson too soon. :) hee hee...wish were in the same city so i could keep him for a night...it would SOO make me want another boy i bet. :) still tho, i'll take that we're in the same state now...yeah!!! :)